Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lucy is 8 Months!

I really need to think of a more clever title than "Lucy is __ months!"  Anyway....
Weight: 15.4 lbs
Height: 27.75 in.

Those are unofficial.  I'm sure the weight is pretty accurate because she was naked.  The height I'm not sure on just because it's kinda hard to measure her (she's so squirmy!).

Physical development: well, still no crawling.  I swear she's getting closer.  When she's sitting up she'll lean over to one side with her hands on the ground like she's going to take off but then nothing happens.  And when she's on her tummy she'll push herself up to all fours and rock, but then she'll flop down on her belly again.  But I know once she's crawling she'll get into even more things so I'm fine with this for now.

Language: man is she a talker!  Lucy is constantly babbling.  She has many different consonant sounds.  And I swear she said "mama" several times last week and she was looking at me.  Could this be a first word?  Well it's too early for me to say for sure. 

Sleep: awesome as always.  In bed by 7, up at 6; I can't complain.  Naps are great too. 

Teeth: ha- what teeth?  Lucy is still gnawing on everything but those teeth are determined to stay hidden.

Food: still doing 2 meals a day.  We did try 3 meals over the weekend and Lucy got a little constipated.  I think it was because she didn't have as much liquids.  She's still getting plenty of breast milk.  I really need to write a whole different post about the breast milk situation.  But she definitely loves food and she really likes the fruits and veggies we give her. 

And the real reason for this post:







Reason #23 I switched to cloth diapers: how cute is this print?!?
  
    
I know this isn't a particularly good picture but I just had to document how chunky her legs are.  I never want to forget this chub!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment