Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Success So Far!

Yesterday our gDiapers arrived in the mail.   Oh man, I was so excited!  First, they are super cute- much cuter than disposables.  And the cloth inserts that they make are soooo soft.  I wouldn't mind having undergarments made out of that material!  Anyway, last night, we layered a hemp/cloth insert underneath a prefold in her gDiaper and this morning, she was completely dry!  Well, the inserts were wet obviously, but there was no leaking!  I was so relieved.  I have to admit I was really worried because using 2 liners made her diaper really bulky.  She actually has a ghetto booty- it's so cute.  And the front is super bulky too because I folded the excess material from the prefold up in the front since that's where she saturates her diapers the most.  Anyway, with all the bulk, it's hard for her to keep her legs together, but she seems to get around just fine.

This weekend we will try and do cloth all day.  Truth be told, I'm nervous about poopy diapers.  Pee ones are easy- take the inserts out, rinse them (I know you don't have to, but I like to since we don't have a diaper pail for the inserts yet) and then toss them in the bag to be washed.  But poopy ones?  I know I need to scrape the poop in the toilet, but what do I use to do that?  I know they make diaper sprayers but I don't really feel like spending the $40 that they cost.  I'll probably post a question on CFP since a lot of people on there cloth diaper. 

If this weekend works out well, then I will definitely be ordering some gDiapers for Lucy to use.  I have a friend who is selling 2 smalls, and 6 cloth inserts for $35 which is definitely a bargain considering the inserts alone cost $5/piece brand new.  And then I'll probably return some of the disposables (not all!) to Target to get the store credit so I can buy some more online.  And as soon as my diapers.com credit shows up on my account with them, I can order some additional liners.  I have to admit, I am really excited about all this and I didn't think I would be.  I don't know- I guess I thought cloth diapering was something I'd never be able to do (maybe I thought it was too much work?) and I'm so glad that it's working out and that it's really not much more work than using disposables.  Look at me....I'm going green.  =P

No comments:

Post a Comment