Friday, February 18, 2011

2 Down, 8 to Go!

Well since I had my 37 week appointment today, I'll update just a bit more from my last post.  First, the bad news- weight gain was not so great.  As in I've gained 4 pounds in the last week and a half.  I'm going to blame it on the fact that I wasn't great about drinking water today (so obviously I must be retaining fluids!) and I was wearing a sweater and jeans (i.e. heavy clothes).   Anyway, the last few weeks I've been swearing up and down that I was never going to have my midwife check to see if I was dilated.  However, this past week, my contractions have been increasing in frequency (still not in any sort of pattern at all) and to be perfectly honest, I've been having a lot of pain and pressure...uh...down there.  So when the nurse said "you're almost 38 weeks, do you want to be checked?"  (remember they think I'm due Mar. 5th) I thought why not?  Let's see if all this activity has actually been productive.  To my great surprise it has been.  My midwife said I'm dilated 2 cm already and "things feel ready."  Now, I'm not stupid- I know this doesn't mean I'll go into labor tomorrow or even next week.  But I have to say, it does make me feel a lot better about everything.  Just knowing that it won't take me 8 hours of active labor to get to 2 cm (which is what happened last time) is great. 

I go back again on Wednesday.  I probably won't get checked again.  It really wasn't painful (unlike with Taylor) but I just don't feel like a lot will change between now and then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment