Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lucy is 7 Months!

Weight: don't know
Height: don't know

I guess maybe I should have attempted to get her measurements before sitting down to write this....eh I'm not going to worry about it.  She is bigger than what she was at 6 months; let's go with that!

Physical Development: Lucy can scoot...backwards.  Or in a circle.  And then she gets stuck somewhere and cries until we come rescue her.  :)  I don't think she'll be crawling anytime soon.  Maybe that's my fault because we don't really give her a lot of tummy time anymore.  She enjoys sitting up and playing or standing in the exersaucer.

Language: Still getting lots of vowel sounds.  She has not added a whole lot of syllables but honestly I'm so focused on Taylor's language these days that I can't worry about Lucy's that much.  I'm pretty sure her language is where it needs to be.  She definitely uses noise to communicate.  I love how excited she gets when she sees her bottle- lots of "oooo"ing and hand flapping!

Cognitive:  I'm trying to work on clapping with her.  She is fascinated by me doing it and I'll even put her hands together to show her how to clap.  Lucy enjoys exploring her toys (aka chewing on them) and she enjoys listening to Walker and I read to her.  She looks at the pictures with great interest and we've been showing her how to touch the books when they have different textures.

Teeth: Still no teeth!  I really thought we'd have one by now.  And I swear her gums were swollen earlier this week but still no tooth.  I'm not complaining; I love her little toothless grin and I will be sad the day it disappears.

Food: Nothing has changed much.  She eats about 20-24 oz of breastmilk and 2 solid meals of cereal and/or fruit and veggies.  She really likes the combination purees I give her.  Oh in case you need to make your baby poop, I recommend the Plum Organics plum and purple carrot puree.  That did wonders for her constipation!  Oh yes we have started yogurt and I think she's still getting used to the texture.  But she does like it.

Sleep: Still a wonderful sleeper!  She goes down around 7-7:30 and sleeps until 6-6:30.  Actually on weekends she usually sleeps until 7:30 or 8.  We have had to do a little bit of CIO with her because she doesn't always fall asleep with her last bottle.  But if she cries when we put her down, it's only for 2-3 minutes and then she usually goes to sleep.  And really I can think of maybe 3 times she has cried so really we're not having any problems.  And during the day her naps vary.  We usually get at least one good hour nap out of her; the rest are usually cat naps.  Actually she may only take one nap at the sitter's but I know it's a long one- 2 hours I think.

And now for some fluff!





1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the pictures! I see you did the one with the pumpkin! We just bought one to try it. He he. Although, our pumpkin is a little bumpy. I love her expression on the 3rd to last one.So beautiful!

    It's funny you expected teeth, but didn't get any and we didn't expect any and got two! lol. Dominic was such a late teether, I just assumed Gio would be too.

    ReplyDelete