Sunday, October 16, 2011

Boo at the Zoo!

Yesterday we all went to our first Boo at the Zoo at Scoville Zoo in Decatur.  It did not start until 5:30 so I figured if we left the house at 5, we'd get there in plenty of time.  But of course, we did not leave the house at 5 and then we had to get gas, and put some air in the tires (side rant: since when does air cost $1.00??).  So by the time we got on the road, it was already 5:30.  Then of course neither Walker nor I got directions before we left so we missed the exit for the zoo (why isn't that marked on 72?  It should be!) and we had to navigate through Decatur.  We probably didn't get there until 6:15 so it was already pretty dark.  I was kind of bummed because we couldn't really see any of the animals.  We did see some owls and some wolves because their cages were lit up.  Taylor was greatly entertained by the wolf pacing back and forth in front of the fence.  I was less amused as it was clear the wolf was hell-bent on escaping!
Taylor was of course shy with all the people running the stations.  She liked carrying her tickets, but did not want to give them up.   Lucy was just content to be held the entire time.  The girls got tons of compliments on their matching costumes.  I can't believe I found them at OneWeekBoutique in the right sizes- what are the odds?  (Bonus, they weren't ever worn because the tags were still on- and they were only $9 each!).  Oh I'm starting to ramble.....anyway, the girls had a great time.  I think next time we'll try and go when the zoo offers more daytime hours so we can see some of the animals as well. 
I only got 2 half decent pictures because I had to make sure Taylor didn't escape us and I will fully admit, I really don't know how to use my camera to get good nighttime pictures.  Time to revisit my camera manual!

Haha- yes I am "that" mom who is making her child where a long sleeve shirt under her costume and socks and tennis shoes!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment