Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Last 10 Years

As I embrace a new decade of life, I want to look back at the past 10 years.  Here is a list of 10 significant events from my twenties: one for each year.

20- Performing at the 2002 Sugar Bowl (okay that's not really significant but it's the only exciting thing that happened to me when I was 20)
21- Graduated from U of I.
22- Got my job teaching for Rantoul City Schools
23- Went on a trip to Las Vegas with my best friend, Carissa (another just really awesome thing in an otherwise dull year)
24- Was "saved" by my good friend Emily.
25- Purchased my first home.
26- Married the love of my life, Walker.
27- Completed my Master's Degree.
28- Gave birth to our first daughter, Taylor.
29- Gave birth to our second daughter, Lucy.

Sure there were other important events during that time (9/11, my mom passing away) but I wanted to focus on the good things that happened.  Looking at this short list reminds me just how blessed my life is.  I'm definitely looking forward to the next ten years!

1 comment: