Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Big 3-0



Everyone knows what your "golden birthday" is right?  When I was a kid (back when golden birthdays were actually cool) I used to think that my golden birthday was soooooooo far off (because you know turning 30 makes you old!) so its hard to believe that I finally got to celebrate it.  I must say I had a really good birthday.  We went shopping at Target and Bed, Bath, and Beyond to get some curtains and hardware to replace the awful vertical blinds in our family room.  We now have beautiful curtains framing our sliding glass door! 


The next project I had Walker work on was installing my necklace organizer.  I got this idea from Emily so I cannot take credit at all!  I did find some great double shower curtain rings so I had more "hooks" to hang my necklaces on.  And the rod is just a $5 curtain rod.  Nice huh?
After a yummy lunch of pizza, we had some birthday cake.  It has been tradition ever since I was a kid for me to have ice cream birthday cake.  This year my cake came from Cold Stone Creamery; "Cookie Dough Delight" and yes it is definitely delightful!  Walker insisted on putting 30 candles on the cake:
I did manage to blow them all out with one breath, thank you very much!  And Taylor was the one who decorated the cake with all the fun cake gel.  She did a good job! 

Then for dinner, Walker and I got to go out (sans kids!) to El Toro where I definitely was ambitious when I ordered the pitcher of margaritas.  What in the world was I thinking?  I left the restaurant feeling way too full and just a little light headed.   Oh well, birthdays are definitely an excuse to indulge a little bit!

All and all, definitely a great day!  Next up, a look back at the past 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment