Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lucy is 4 Months!

It's time once again to check in on my little baby.
Weight: 12 lbs 3 oz
Height: 23.50 inches

I think she's going to be a tiny one just like Taylor.  Although, she has maintained higher percentiles than Taylor so far, the fact that her growth has slowed down tells me she will not be a chunker.  So much for having a fat baby....::sigh::

What's she doing now?  Lucy's latest trick is rolling from her back to her tummy.  She did this for the first time when we were in North Carolina.  Several times while we were there, I would find her sleeping on her tummy.  Any mommy understands the cringe I did the first few times this happened but I guess if she's strong enough to roll over that way then she's strong enough to turn her head so she can breathe.  Lucy really seems to enjoy being on her tummy.  Whenever I lay her on her mat on her back, within 2 minutes she's flipped onto her stomach.  She can roll back onto her back but sometimes she forgets and fusses at us to roll her back over.
And all that time in the bumbo must be paying off because she doesn't seem very far from sitting up on her own.  Maybe I'm saying that optimistically but I bet she'll be able to do it by 6 months.  Lucy is kind of discovering her hands.  She definitely seems to want to move them and try and get stuff but she's not very good at it yet. 

We're getting lots of cooing from Lucy.  She loves to make noise.  She also laughs more and more.  The full out belly laughs aren't a frequent occurrence but they are increasing.  Lucy definitely likes interacting with people and prefers to be sitting up looking at everyone rather than laying back.

Lucy is still a booby baby in a sense.  She has been on 100% breastmilk for the past 2 months.  Wow, I can't believe I just typed that.  It's a good thing too because as you'll see in a second, she definitely lost her taste for formula.  I did try giving her oatmeal a few days ago.  It went as well as any first feeding goes.  She's very good about opening her mouth for the spoon, but not so good about keeping the oatmeal in her mouth.  She definitely likes oatmeal mixed with breastmilk.  The one morning I made it with formula (I wasn't producing as much for a few days because of my wisdom tooth surgery) she made the most horrendous faces while I tried to feed it to her.   So I guess I better keep up the pumping!
mmm that oatmeal is pretty good mom!
Sad to say Lucy's skin has gotten worse, not better.  She has a wicked case of baby eczema that was getting better and she broke out in fresh patches the other day.  Now, it's not just on her arms but on her legs, tummy, back, face, and head.  I asked the pediatrician and he said to use hydro cortisone 3 times a day and lotion multiple times a day.  I have to admit, it's a pain getting her all the way undressed to do this but if it will clear it up, then we'll do it.  So I won't be doing her 4 month pictures until her skin clears up a bit more.  I did take a few just to show how bad it is right now:

Poor baby, right?  Hopefully we'll have new pictures in a few days with beautiful (or at least more clear) skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment