Saturday, August 6, 2011

Lucy is (Almost) 5 Months!

Yep, getting this done a day early!  Might as well while I'm sitting here thinking about it.  =)
No "official" stats this month because I don't feel like dragging Lucy to the doctor's office just to get weighed and measured.  I know she's at least 24.5 inches and at least 12 1/2 pounds so we'll just leave it at that.  Maybe if I get around to weighing and measuring her myself, I'll post an update.
Development-wise I don't feel a whole lot has changed from last month other than she has gotten better at using her hands.  Lucy likes to grab things and bring them to her mouth.  Yes, we've entered the chewing/drooling phase.  Are teeth in the near-future?  Ehhhh, it took Taylor at least 2 months to cut her first tooth when she started chewing on things so I'm not holding my breath.  And she's starting to scoot.  She knows how to dig her toes into the floor and push herself forward.  Yikes, I'm not ready for two mobile children.  Thankfully, she doesn't get too far yet. 
Still working on eating cereal, Lucy's getting better at keeping it in her mouth.  And little miss got to eat her first fruit last week.  I hadn't planned on introducing fruit/veggies this early but Walker was holding her while he was eating a banana and she followed every move that banana made!  So he broke off a tiny piece and she gulped it right down.  So we've given her mushed up banana and she loves it.  I need to start making baby food again for her.  I think we'll do sweet potatoes next since that's an easy food that most babies like and one sweet potato makes a LOT of baby food!  Other than oatmeal and the occasional banana, Lucy is still on breastmilk.  I'm one month away from my goal of 6 months.  Oh I know, I said my goal is a year.  And it is.  But that's pretty hard to focus on.  I figure I can re-evaluate things at 6 months.  I have a feeling I won't be ready to quit pumping yet which is definitely good.  I just need to figure out how I can get down to less pumps without losing a ton of ounces.  I managed to go from 8-9 pumps down to 7 but I'm also able to spend 20-30 min. at each pump session.  Now with school starting up, I know I won't have that much time during the day.  But I do get to set my own schedule so I'm sure I'll be able to figure something out.  If anything I can start doing power pumping again.
And Lucy is still a great sleeper, at night that is.  During the day she gets in lots of cat naps between 15-45 minutes.  I would complain, but how can I when she easily sleeps 9-10 hours every night?  Of course I still have to get up once to pump but I'm very thankful I don't have to feed her at the same time.
And now for the best part....pictures!!!!  I have to admit, I love the way this session turned out.  I put one of Taylor's tutus around her waist- I figured since she was laying down it didn't matter if it was too big.   







2 comments:

  1. She's so cute! Love the tutu and headband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely adorable!!!! If it makes you feel any better Logan's first FOOD was banana! He LOOOVES fruit.

    ReplyDelete