Thursday, June 7, 2012

Keep it in the Bathroom, Please!

*WARNING* This post might offend, annoy, hurt, etc. some people but I have just GOT to say this!
We all know it's a magical time when your toddler is potty training. However, posting Facebook statuses (statii?) about how many times your little angel peed or pooped in the potty that day is completely unnecessary.  Yes, I understand it is terribly exciting and how proud you are (believe me, when Taylor decides to go in the potty I will probably cry tears of joy, but I think that has more to do with the fact that diapers will be vacating our house) but simply said, I don't care.  I really don't!  And I don't care to read about it either.  I certainly don't have a problem with posts like "_____ can now use the potty!" or "____ spent all day in big girl undies!"  or even "no accidents today!" but posts like "5 pees and 2 poops in the potty today!" are just too much.  And yes I will admit, I have even removed certain people from my news feed because of their need to provide such detailed and constant updates.  Do you post updates on how much you've gone to the bathroom?  Hopefully, not.  So don't put your kid through that.  Yay for potty training, but please, keep it in the bathroom.  :)

PS- don't worry- when Taylor (and eventually Lucy) are potty trained, the most you will hear from me is that they are potty trained.  I promise no details will be shared (not even on here).  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment