Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Party Begins

Tomorrow my baby turns 1...wow, it's hard to believe it's been a year since I was laying in bed miserable, sure that I was NEVER going into labor (ha!  I think every mom-to-be feels that way at 39+ weeks). 
So first, Happy Birthday Lucy!
Second, there is a party planned. Don't be offended if you weren't invited.  For 1st birthdays we tend to invite just family since Walker's family is so big.  Anyway, you all know that I heart Pinterest and I have found so many cute ideas on there for Lucy's party.  I will not give them all away before the party (that wouldn't be fun) so be prepared for the multitude of posts (or maybe just one mega post) on all the details of the party.
For now, I will share with you that it is an owl-themed party (of course since owls are my latest obsession, fueled by Pinterest).  And I ordered adorable invites from Etsy.  I seriously don't know why I haven't done this before.  Don't get me wrong; I love using Shutterfly (they just sent me a coupon for a FREE hardcover photo album, no other purchase required!!) but doing the invites this way was SO much cheaper.  I paid a gal $8 for a personalized invitation in jpeg format that she emailed to me so I could upload them to walmart.com and get them printed.  And since we have Adobe photoshop on our computer, I was even able to change the colors on the invite to what I wanted them to be (the pink owl was cute but the color scheme for the party is purple and green).
So here is a copy of the invite.  And a little hint: I used the owl on the invite to help me out with the favors!
(obviously the actual invitation doesn't have black bars on it but I didn't want to put addresses or phone numbers on my blog =))

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Cute, our party for Gio is the same day! Happy Birthday your little one!

    ReplyDelete