Thursday, September 23, 2010

10 Months!

A few days late in posting this but what can you expect when her "10 month birthday" is in the middle of the week?
Stats first (and these are official since they were done today by a Christie Clinic nurse- more on the reason for that in the next post):
Height: 28 inches
Weight: 16 lbs, 3 oz
I'm actually really surprised she grew an inch- for whatever reason I thought her height growth would slow down, like her weight gain did.

Physical development is good I think.  Taylor can definitely crawl on all fours; she just chooses not to.  I think it's silly to army crawl still considering she comes home from the sitter's with rug burns on her knees but whatever.  She's cruising a ton still- with the way our living room is set up, she can go from the coffee table, to the couch, to the recliner, and then the side table and back again.  She is quite good at standing- in fact when she's engaged with her activity table she'll stand on her own for quite a long time.  But when I'm holding her and try to get her to stand on her own, she refuses.  Just like she refuses to walk with me with only one hand, even though I know she can do it.  She just needs confidence.  And she feeds herself finger foods easily.  Every day we come home and have a snack of puffs and she doesn't mind when I steal a few from her (they are actually really good!)

Language skills: no official first word yet.  But she understands "bye" because she'll wave her arm emphatically when someone says it to her. 

I think her cognitive development is on track as well.  She can recognize pictures of herself- it's so cute when she starts watching our screensaver (which is mostly pictures from my picasa album); every time she sees a picture of herself she giggles or shrieks with excitement.  Definitely love that!

And oh yes she's teething again.  Her hands have been in her mouth constantly the past few weeks.  Mostly on the left side in the back, so I'm thinking molars.  I don't know why books tell you babies get their teeth in a certain order; Taylor is definitely not following that order and many other moms I talk to say their kids didn't follow it either.  So honestly, why even put it in there?  Let us parents be surprised as to what tooth is coming in next. 

And to finish, some of my favorite pictures from 10 months (done at Curtis Apple Orchard):

No comments:

Post a Comment