Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Our Little World Traveler

Well okay, Taylor's not a world traveler but is anyone else impressed that she's already been to 4 different states (not including IL), 2 round trip flights,  and she's not even a year old yet?  I am. =)

Earlier this month, we packed up our car (and by packed I mean we crammed everything we could into our tiny vehicle and still had to ask Walker's dad to transport some stuff for us) and drove 9 hours to Gatlinburg, TN for the big Willis family vacation.  Walker's dad rented a huge cabin for all the kids and grandkids to stay in.  There were 5 kids, 4 spouses, and 8 grandkids- I know that doesn't hold a candle to some of my friends' family reunions (you know who you are!!!) but for someone who came from a small family, that's huge in my opinion!  We had a great time in TN, even though it was very touristy.  Taylor got to ride her first amusement park ride- the carousel.  I'm guessing by the few smiles she gave, she liked it. 
After we got home, she and I had barely a week to recover before we set off for Colorado!  Yes I have now traveled by myself with my baby twice and I survived!  Haha!  Walker would have come with us but he had work starting (thank you RCS for delaying the school year!!).  This time around, I was smart and purchased Taylor her own seat on the plane so she could ride comfortably in her carseat and I was able to sneak in a nap.  Oh just for fun sometime, try and go to the bathroom in an airplane potty with your 9 month old in tow.  Mothers who can successfully accomplish this feat deserve their own "mile high" club!  Haha!
While in Colorado, we got to see my brother and sister-in-law show their corgis at a big dog show in Greeley, CO.  Let me say that these dog shows are nothing like the ones they show on TV.  But then again, we didn't watch the group or best of show competitions since my brother's dogs didn't qualify for those.  It was still pretty cool to be at the show and see all the different types of dogs.  Oh yes, have I mentioned how much Taylor loves animals, in particular dogs?  When we first got to my brother's house, I set her down on the floor, and he let all 4 of their dogs out and she just laughed, and laughed, and laughed, and....well you get the idea!  She simply had a ball watching them run around.  And 2 kept running by and giving her kisses.  The great thing was, the dog my brother is sending us in September got along very well with Taylor so there are no worries about that. 
The whole trip was wonderful...until I got off the plane and there was my stroller with 3 pieces snapped off it.  UGH.  I was infuriated with Frontier airlines.  Luckily, I was able to get all 3 pieces back on.  Thank you Chicco for making a durable stroller!  Believe me, Frontier's complaint department heard from me today.  The response was less than satisfactory but it's kind of what I expected so oh well.
I took pictures during both trips of course but I'm too lazy to post them right now.  I will try and get to it tomorrow....or the next day.  =P
And coming soon will be Taylor's 9 month post.  She is 9 months old officially now, but I might not post anything until after her appointment tomorrow and I can get her "official" weight and height. 

No comments:

Post a Comment