Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Little Bug

Let me tell you a story dating back to late June.....I thought I had a little stomach bug.  It all started innocently enough in that I would eat something and an hour later be famished like I hadn't eaten anything at all.  Then very quickly it would turn into nausea and I would lose my appetite completely.  This went on for a few days and I really had myself convinced that it was just a virus that was going around.  Until one morning I realized....I've had this feeling before.  Last March....shortly before I found out I was pregnant with Taylor.  I laughed it off thinking "surely not- it's impossible!" (Note: if you have sex, pregnancy is possible, no matter what) but deep down I knew I needed to find out for sure.  I ran out to Meijer, came home, and sure enough 3 minutes later.....









Oh that little line of truth.....of course I reacted how any woman reacts to a positive test- I burst into tears and ran to Walker and said "I'm so sorry!"  Oh wait....that's not how most women react (well maybe the crying bit is universal).  Anyhow, after I came to grips with what was clearly God's plan (He never bothers to check with us, does He?) we came up with a fun way to tell my father-in-law the good news:



Pictures are always better than words right?  (even if the picture is a little crooked- yikes!  how did I not notice that before?)

How has this pregnancy been?  Well a lot worse than the first one!  Now I truly understand what morning sickness is.  Or rather all day sickness.  And taking care of a 9 month old when all you want to do is sleep all day is quite the challenge.  Needless to say, Taylor became quite proficient at entertaining herself this summer.

So here is a first look at "Bug" (good nickname, eh?)
overhead shot of a hand, and the face on the right
2 profile shots

Bug is doing extremely well- measuring perfectly and has a nice strong heartbeat of 162.  Naturally I'm inclined to think it's a girl, but I know a high heartbeat doesn't necessarily mean girl.  Walker thinks it's a boy (or maybe he just wants it to be a boy) because this one has been more ornery with all the morning sickness.  I guess come Oct. 21st we'll find out for sure.

Taylor's reaction to all this?  Well it's hard to tell but she did blow raspberries at monitor during the ultrasound so maybe she's already trying to show her dominance to her sibling.

Oh yes, the most important detail: I'm due March 8th.  For those of you who are not good with math, Taylor will be about 16 months.  Are we crazy?  Yes.  But just think, I'll be done a lot faster with the diaper stage than a lot of you who are spacing them out (haha suckers!).  Of course I'll also be half insane by next summer but show me a mom of two young children who isn't? 

1 comment:

  1. congratulations!!! how exciting!! I am thrilled for you, walker, and miss big sister taylor! ... yes, there is lack of sanity and complete chaos, but it won't last forever and it will certainly pay off eventually - or at least that's what I keep telling myself. :) ... and just like auggie, taylor will never remember life as an only child, which will probably be a good thing.

    btw, great timing with the end of the school year so close to baby bug's birth.. congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete