Friday, July 2, 2010

More Teeth!!

Today Taylor offically cut her 4th tooth.  I noticed about 2 weeks ago that her upper gums were swollen but I didn't think anything of it because I thought it was too early for any teeth on the side (which is where they were swollen).  Then last week, I looked in her mouth and saw that the left lateral incisor (the tooth next to your center teeth) had cut through!  And today the other lateral incisor was through.  I have to admit she looks a little silly- kinda like my first graders who have just lost their middle teeth!  This could explain why she had a runny nose for so long.  It is funny how doctors give us guidelines for how babies develop, but they truly do their own thing.  Most babies don't get their lateral incisors until they are at least 9 months old and usually get their central incisors before any lateral ones come in.  I guess Taylor just wanted to do it her way.  Perhaps this is a sign of things to come....oh boy!

And trying to pull up on objects is Taylor's new favorite game.  The problem is, she's so short that she can't reach many things to pull up on (I'm actually kind of relieved about this).  So many times we will just hold our hands out and let her use those. 

I feel like I could update every week on all the new things Taylor is doing!  Hmmm maybe I should actually do that!

And in sad news, we are no longer "4 Beauties and a Geek."  Sadly, we had to put our dog Missy down.  When we got an injury checked out in May, the vet found she had a bad tumor in her leg.  She was able to hobble around okay but she started losing weight (and obviously as a greyhound, she didn't have that much to lose!) so we knew it was just a matter of time.  We didn't want her to suffer anymore.  She was a good old dog and we know she's enjoying doggie heaven.  I don't think we'll be getting another dog anytime soon.  We have our hands full with Taylor right now, but maybe in a few years we'll be ready for another dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment