Sunday, January 15, 2012

Retraction

I'd like to print a retraction.  In December I gave the Recipe.com app rave reviews.  I should have used the app a little bit more before writing that post.  Since then I've discovered several problems with this app.
1. While you can sync between phones, you cannot sync to the website.  For whatever reason, this does not work with my phone.
2.  Sometimes you add an item and it doesn't show up on your list.  So you add it again....and again...and again.  Finally you give up and tell yourself to remember that item (which as any mommy out there knows, is impossible to do with mommy brain).
3. Scan the barcodes to add items?  Um, yeah right.  At first, I tried scanning Aldi brand products; it didn't recognize them.  And I thought "well okay, they're not as common."  But then I tried scanning name-brand products....that didn't work either.
4. The store specials listed are often incorrect or out of date.  Perfect example: last week it told us that the Green Giant boxed vegetables were on sale for 10/$10 at Meijer (which just happens to be my favorite sale because we LOVE eating those).  Imagine our sadness when we get to Meijer to find out they were most definitely NOT on sale.
5. There is no way to add a quantity of something.  This is a problem as I often need to know how much to get of something, not just what the item is. 
So sadly, I will be deleting this app from my phone.  I had such high hopes for it.  I did email the creators to let them know of all the problems I've had with it and I got some standard response on how they were working to fix those issues and they hoped to have them resolved shortly with a release of an update.  I'm not holding my breath on that one.
So back to paper lists we go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment