Sunday, June 5, 2011

2 Great Websites

Yesterday I signed up for 2 different websites and I just have to share them.

The first one is onetsp.com.  This is a website my sister mentioned to me and I finally got around to checking it out.  Basically it's a place to store all your recipes.  That may not sound very exciting but so far I love it.  It's very easy to enter in recipes and you tag them making it easy to find them later on.  You can also upload a picture for each recipe.  The great thing is, I finally can get rid of the crappy 3 ring binder of recipes that I've written out on notebook paper or torn out of magazines.  Also, I can keep recipes that I find in cookbooks I've checked out of the library (like "Deceptively Delicious"- more on this later).  I may never have to buy a cookbook again!  The only thing that would make this site better?  If they had an app for the iPhone.  Oh well....someday I'm sure. ;)

And the other site is mperks through the Meijer website.  So how many times have you been at the grocery store only to realize you left all your coupons at home?  Or even worse, you brought them with you but you forgot to use them until after you've already checked out?  Yeah, I've done that so many times!  But no longer!  I don't know who came up with this but it's truly brilliant.  You sign up on the site using your phone number.  Then you look through their online coupons and "clip" the ones you want.  Then when you get to the store, before you pay, hit the mperks button on the screen, enter in your phone number and voila!  All the coupons you "clipped" are applied to your total.  How amazing is that?  No more cutting coupons out, printing them out, or remembering to stick them in your wallet.  Finally, a way to save money for those of us with "mommy fog!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment