Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lucy is 2 Months!

....and ten days technically.  But I didn't want to post until I had her "official" growth stats. 

Weight: 10 lbs 12 oz
Height: 23 inches

I'm not going to stress about how much she's eating anymore!  She's gained almost 2 pounds so clearly she's getting enough.  I was worried because she usually takes between 20-24 oz in a 24 hour period and I didn't think that was enough (going by the old multiply their weight by 2.5 for how many oz they should take) but she's getting mostly breastmilk so that changes things.  I have to remember that breastmilk has more fat (and nutrients!) in it than formula. 

What She's Doing: smiling!  My little girl loves to smile- she's been doing it for over a month now.  She is also cooing and she is working very hard on figuring out thumb-sucking.  I'm trying just as hard to prevent it.  She has rolled over a few more times but I have to admit I'm not as vigilant about tummy time with her as I was with Taylor.  I guess I just worry about her being on the floor with the dog, Taylor, the cat, Taylor.....I need to be better about putting her on her tummy when Taylor is in bed. 

And the girls now share a room.  We got our new dresser on Sunday, so the girls inherited our old dressers (formerly our nightstands) leaving more space in their room so Lucy got the boot.  Honestly this would not have been possible if she wasn't sleeping through the night.  Yes that's right- she sleeps through the night.  She started the week before I went back to work.  Do you hate me now?  Both my girls started sleeping through the night before they were 2 months old.  Ready to really hate me?  Lucy sleeps from about 9:30-6:30.    BUT I still have to get up and pump so don't hate me too much.  =)

And of course we end with the obligatory pictures....




No comments:

Post a Comment