Friday, April 29, 2011

My New Must-Haves

This post is dedicated to the products that I think every mom should have.  Specifically, these are things that I did not have when Taylor was a newborn and I really wonder how I managed without them! =)

1. Total Baby app for iPhone and iPad
This app is totally worth the $4.99.  You can track pretty much every little thing about baby with this.  It's great for nursing moms (you will never have to try and remember which side you nursed on last!) and keeping track of diapers is so easy.  I no longer nurse but I still use it to keep track of my pumping.  Plus, you can input baby's growth stats and it will graph it and give you the percentages for CDC and WHO! You can even quickly track milestones like smiling or rolling over so you're not stuck wondering "now what day did she first do that?"  And you can track multiple babies which is also great. 

2. Moby Wrap
I loooove my moby wrap!  Once you get the hang of tying it and getting baby in it, it's so nice!  With other carriers I never felt like baby was really secure and I always had to keep a hand on her.  But with my moby, I can have both hands free and know that Lucy is snug as a bug.  Supposedly you can use it with babies up to 35 pounds so I guess I could use it to carry Taylor around but I don't see the point considering she's perfectly capable of walking.  Plus I'm not sure she would want to sit in it. 



3. Fisher Price Snugabunny Cradle n Swing
I really didn't want to fork over money for a swing (especially the amount of money I spent on this), however I wanted  a way to have Lucy in the family room with us without her being on the floor (and being subject to Taylor's pestering).  I must say this swing was totally worth it!  It has 2 different swinging directions, tons of different sounds, a little mobile, and the best part: it plugs in!!!  Yes, no more buying oodles and oodles of batteries.  Lucy loves sleeping in this swing (and who wouldn't?  The fabric is super soft!).  The only problem is Taylor is just tall enough to still bother Lucy.  In fact her favorite thing to do is to push the swing all the way up (with Lucy in it!) and lean against it.  But at least the swing has straps so Lucy can't fall out.


4. Badger Baby Balm
This was suggested to me by Val (thank you!!) and I understand now why she uses it.  It is one of the few balms that does not leave a residue on cloth diapers and it works great on diaper rashes.  I've also been using it on Lucy's face since her skin has been so dry.  It's completely organic so I'm not worried about getting chemicals on Lucy's delicate skin.  Definitely love this stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Word to everything on your list! Especially the side swing - such a lifesaver for number 2!

    ReplyDelete