Wednesday, March 2, 2011

39 Weeks

Well here we are, 1 week to go.  How has the last week been?  Well this past weekend I desperately tried to go into labor since my favorite midwife was on call.  It obviously did not work. 

Last night, I started having contractions.  They felt different than my other ones and seemed to be coming frequently enough that I started timing them.  They started off being 10-15 minutes apart.  I decided to lay down to see if they continued and also because if it was the real deal I wanted to get some rest.  To my surprise they actually started to get closer together.  And then.....and then....nothing.   They started spacing out, lessening in intensity and then stopped completely.  I was so frustrated (wait I still am frustrated!) because they had been going for 3 hours by that point and it felt just like when I went into labor with Taylor.  BAH!

So this morning I dragged my (big) sorry butt to work.  I cried on my way to work.  I cried when I got to work.  I cried before my morning meeting.  I cried before I got my students from the gym.  I cried while my students were working on their math.  I cried during lunch.  During my plan time....while my kids were watching a Dr. Seuss movie...on my way to my dr.'s appointment....on my way home...and of course at home.  Now I think I'm just cried out. 

I know I'm not overdue but I'm just tired of all of this activity that happens and then goes nowhere.  And save your speeches about how it's getting my body ready.  I really could care less at this point.  I just want to be able to sit/walk/sleep/stand or do anything without some body part hurting. 

And to make matters worse, my midwife today said that I'm not 2 cm.  I'm actually a "very loose 1."  So either I regressed or they were wrong last time.  Fanfreakintastic.

If you're smart, you'll avoid me for the next week..I'm not very pleasant to be around.  Or if I am, I'm totally faking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment