Wednesday, January 12, 2011

32 Weeks and a Name

Hmmm my ticker says I have about 55 days to go.  It sounds like it's not very much but I know it's still an eternity when you can't remember the last time you were able to look down and see your feet.

Fortunately, everything is still going well.  Weight gain is now 24 pounds (I'm not totally thrilled with that but it's a lot less than I had gained with Taylor by this point).  My blood pressure was up at my appointment today but still well within the normal range (hmmm maybe it was because right before the nurse took it, I was chasing Taylor around the office?).  And I"m happy to say that my feet do not look like loaves of bread with sausages sticking out at the end of the day.  My midwife said I was measuring right on target so that's good too I guess.

And I'm starting to feel pretty confident that this baby will be bigger because over the past few weeks I have watched my belly button get shallower and shallower and it is thisclose to being an official outie; something that never happened with Taylor.

I have to admit that I really miss sleeping on my back.  Like really miss it.  I fully admit that sometimes in the morning before I get out of bed, I lay on my back for just a few minutes, just to try and relive some pre-pregnancy glory days nights.  Although, it's really not that comfortable with this huge belly.  Still, I'm tired of sleeping on my side (and my hips are too).

Lastly, we have finally decided on a name.  I feel like there should be a big drumroll since I've been agonizing over this for nearly 3 months now...... but anyway, we're pretty sure that Taylor's little sister will be Lucy Jane.  There is really no significance to either name- I just like them both, they go well together, they go with Taylor's name, and Walker is letting me use them.  =)  And besides, as my dad (not so nicely) said "no one names their kid that anymore!"  (for the record Lucy was #112 last year).

3 comments:

  1. I love the name too!! You should call her by her whole name - Lucy Jane has such a nice ring to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Lucy Jane is a sweet name! :D

    ReplyDelete