Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010 (Part 1)

No telling how many "parts" there will be to our Christmas this year.  I think it will have to do with how long I can sit in the computer chair without my back hurting or my butt going numb (thank you 3rd trimester).

We celebrated our family Christmas early this year due to our trip to NC.  So Christmas morning for us was actually December 18th.  I kinda thought since Taylor is still so young and wasn't anxious to open presents that we could maybe have breakfast first (a very important meal to a preggo) but Walker decided presents were more important. I guess some kids never grow up. =)

I really thought this year would be more exciting for Taylor than last year.  Perhaps it was, but it still wasn't as thrilling as I was imagining (setting my expectations too high again).  Taylor still doesn't quite understand what the big deal with presents is.  Truth be told, Sadie (our dog) was more excited for the presents than Taylor.  In fact, once we let her open one of her presents, she thought every present after that was for her!

Anyway, since finances were a bit tight this year, Walker and I did not spend a lot of money on each other, although I was pleasantly surprised with a new camera bag that has room for my camera and 3 lenses!  As for Taylor's presents...well a lot of them were just birthday presents rewrapped in Christmas paper (hey, this will probably be the ONLY year I get to do that!).   Just to clarify, she never played with any of the presents before Christmas- when she got them for her birthday, I put them all in a big bag out of her reach so they were essentially new toys for her.  I have to say, doing this not only saved us money but it saved us room in the house.  I can't imagine where we would have put any more toys!

But it didn't seem to matter to Taylor what was inside the present; the more fun part was playing with the wrapping paper and tissue paper.  Maybe next year we'll save money again and just give her a big gift bag of tissue paper!

Sadie loved opening her presents

Taylor likes her xylophone

Taylor opens an ornament from my Aunt Rosemary and Uncle Bill

Wheee!  Tissue paper!

And now my butt is numb.  To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment