Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010 (Part 3)

Our Christmas adventures continue, this time in slightly warmer Greensboro, NC at my sister's beautiful home.  Seriously, have I ever mentioned jealous I am of their home and how clean it is?  I suppose it's a little easier when you don't work, but then again, I also think of my sister as supermom =). 

But I digress.  December 23rd was a rather low key day.  The first part of the day was spent hanging out and reacquainting the cousins with each other.  Have I mentioned how glad I am Taylor has a boy cousin?  Who else could teach her to do this?
Yep, Will taught Taylor to pick her nose.  At least she's not eating what she finds inside yet!  Will seriously is a great older cousin.  He was very gentle with Taylor the whole time.  Anytime she cried, he'd come over and try to comfort her and he liked playing with her.  Many times during our trip he would say "I think she really likes me."  Yes, Will, we think she does too. 
Later that evening, my sister hosted a big Christmas party for their friends in the neighborhood.  There were lots of kids there!  And a Christmas party with kids would not be complete without....
Santa!  Wondering who's behind that beard?  It was Walker!  My sister asked him to play Santa at the party and he did a great job.  Will didn't even know it was him.  Santa read two books at the party ("Olive the Other Reindeer"- super cute book, and "Twas the Night Before Christmas") and listened to what the kiddos wanted for Christmas. 

Courtney (our super adorable niece) told Santa she wanted a pony (what little girl doesn't?).  In fact, she told everyone not only that she wanted a pony but that she was getting a pony for Christmas.  What did Will want the most?  Rollerblades!  And he was honest when Santa asked him if he thought he would fall down (his response was "well, sometimes I will"). 

And in case you're wondering, Taylor did not sit on Santa's lap.  For one thing, she was already in bed, and for another, I was really afraid she would pull down Walker's beard and ruin the whole illusion.  There's always next year.  =)

1 comment: