Monday, October 25, 2010

1 Month to Go

Until Taylor turns one years old that is.  What?!?!  It's time for the 11 month update!

Let's see....Taylor will take a few steps by herself but it has always been quickly followed by a flop down to the floor.  I think the most steps she's taken at once has been 7.  So will she be completely walking before she turns 1?  Eh....I kinda doubt it.  Honestly, that is A-okay with me because she gets into enough stuff as it is!  And also in the physical development (and I guess cognitive) Taylor is starting to "experiment" with clapping.  She loves when other people clap but has been slow to do it herself.  Literally!  When she claps, she brings her hands together verrrry slowly and she watches both of them like "slooowwlly, sloooowly.....line them up....make them touch...."  It is actually hilarious to watch her concentrate so hard.  It's like she wants to do it just perfectly!

No words yet either.  I mean we get lots of "mama"s and "dada"s but does she really know what she's saying?  I have to be a pessimist and say no.  But I have heard that babies either work on the talking thing or the walking thing, not both at the same time.  So maybe she'll say her first word after she gets this walking thing under control? 

I think she's doing well cognitively.  She loooves looking at herself in the mirror and at pictures of herself.  I think I wrote that in her last update but honestly, I feel like she enjoys it even more now.  Oh such a narcissist!  She is also starting to learn cause and effect.  Her latest discovery is that Sadie (our new dog) will bark at her if she pulls on Sadie's fur.  Taylor loves it when Sadie barks; she laughs hysterically.  So what does Taylor do whenever she gets near Sadie?  Pull on her fur of course!  To be honest I'm not thrilled that Taylor doesn't understand that Sadie is warning her.  Taylor has got to learn that not all doggies just bark and never bite like Sadie.

And another tooth cut through last week so that brings us up to 7!  I was hoping it was a molar but no such luck- it was an incisor.  I know Taylor is anxious to start eating table food.  She watches us eat very intently and the other day I had a cracker hanging out of my mouth (I was making funny faces at her) and she broke the cracker off and put it in her mouth!  I do like trying new foods with her.  I'm proud to say that she tried hummus over the weekend and liked it a lot!  (She also liked the chocolate ice cream I let her try last week- shhhh!)

Overall she is a very happy little girl (who by the way now sleeps from 6 PM to 6 or 6:30 AM- it is wonderful!) and I can't believe in less than a month she will be one years old.  Birthday party plans are in full swing!



No comments:

Post a Comment