Wednesday, May 26, 2010

6 Months and counting!

Wow has it really been 6 months since Taylor entered the world?  Okay, I finally believe all the other moms out there- it really does go fast!
6 months old and still a peanut.  That's right, Taylor was a whopping 13 lbs, 3 oz at her doctor's appointment yesterday.  She did grow 2 inches since her last appointment so at least her height is increasing nicely.  Our little girl is only in the 6th percentile for weight!  I guess the good thing is, we're getting lots of use out of her clothes.  Too bad I'm not sure she'll fit into all the summer clothes my sister bought for her last year.  I guess we'll just have to hope for an indian summer.
Even though her weight is less than impressive, the doctor said she is doing very well developmentally.  Taylor is quite the little babbler.  We're exploring consonant sounds like b, d, and g.  And what kind of teacher would I be if I didn't tell her what letter corresponded with the sound she was making?
Also, even though she can't sit up on her own yet (although she can do a nice tripod) Taylor is starting to get pretty mobile.  She can scoot backwards when laying on her back and she can pull herself forward a bit when on her tummy.  This morning she turned herself around in circles on her mat for a good half hour.  Perhaps this is because she likes fans so much.  I have never seen anyone stare at a fan for as long as she does.  And now she talks to them too.  She seems to like them so much that I have even started using the word fan in sign language (that's what you're supposed to do- sign words that the child is interested in).  I'm also signing "milk" and "juice" for obvious reasons. 
Food-wise, Taylor has started eating sweet potatoes and peas.  So far, both have gone down pretty easily.  I love using my Beaba Babycook to make her food.  I highly recommend one to all parents of younguns'.   It makes me feel really good that I know exactly what is going into her food.  Plus it's so much cheaper!  From just one bag of frozen peas, I was able to make about 12 oz of food!  And from 2 sweet potatoes I was able to make around 16 oz.  I need to get some more Green Sprouts food storage containers (they look like ice cube trays) before I can make any other kinds of food.  I just wish I could find them in a store around here so I wouldn't have to order them online.  
Hopefully we'll get 6 month pictures done soon.  I'm kind of dreading it since photo sessions have been steadily going downhill.  

No comments:

Post a Comment