Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sleeping Through the Night

I'm a very lucky mom in the fact that Lucy has been sleeping through the night (as in 7+ hours straight) since she was 8 weeks old.  The last time I got to sleep more than 7 hours straight?  Ummmmm 2nd trimester?  Let me tell you I'm literally tired of getting up in the middle of the night to pump.  Even though I just recently dropped down to 5 pumps per day (with only a loss of maybe an ounce in production) I think I need to drop my MOTN pump.  I will probably end up losing a few more ounces in my production but I just can't worry about that anymore.   I have no energy to do anything.  I barely make it through work every day.  At this point, Lucy eats an average of 20 oz a day (plus 2 meals of solids) and I know I can easily make that.  And if it gets to the point where I can't, well I have quite a bit of freezer stash to dip into.   I'm hoping that maybe dropping the night pump will be freeing enough for me to keep going with EPing.  My goal is still a year.....

1 comment:

  1. I say quit it. Especially, if you make enough don't worry about it. Plus, you will probably notice a increase in your morning pump session. And as she grows, she'll be taking in more solids and not drinking as much. So, get some sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete