Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tuesday Temptations

Sheesh, I almost forgot again!  Well unfortunately I do not have a picture to go with my recipe because it's one we have not made recently.  However, it is one of my favorite recipes and my family has been making it for....years.  I seriously cannot even remember how many years.  It is a really delicious and easy recipe!

Peachy Pork Picante


Prep Time: 5 min.    Cook Time: 20-30 min.    Servings: 4

Ingredients:
1 lb. boneless pork, cut into cubes
1 tbs. taco seasoning mix (we actually use the whole packet most of the time)
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1 8 oz bottle chunky-style salsa
1/3 cup peach preserves
 
Directions:
 Coat pork cubes with taco seasoning by placing cubes and taco seasoning in a large ziploc bag and shaking until all pieces are coated. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add pork and cook to brown, stirring occasionally.
Add salsa and preserves to pan, lower heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 min.
Serve over rice or quinoa.
 
Review:
Well I think I basically reviewed it above.  You can see how easy this dish is and it is so good!  If you do use the whole packet of taco seasoning the meat will have a little bit more of a kick, but we like spicy food so that's not an issue for us.  Another fun option is to throw in some pineapple chunks the last few minutes of the simmer.  You could also throw in extra bell peppers if you wanted to add more vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment